Thursday, July 3, 2008


This is a picture of Trish's (from the previous post) urban garden. I took it a couple of months ago and now her tomato plants are taller than me. I think I have a sound file of her talking about it but I'll have to add it in later on.

Just a quick update this morning. I'm off on what should be a nice drive to Smithville, Tennessee. My mom works at a Second Harvest food pantry there. I'm not sure if it's legal to put her in my project or if it's some odd conflict of interest but you can guess what would happen if I went there and ignored her completely, right?

Also, on the business end of this page, now that we've managed to gather up a few regular readers, I'm (again) taking suggestions for a name change. Food for Thought is cool but way too common. The Face of Hunger has also been used repeatedly. While it will remain the name of the Second Harvest project, it seems a little bit limiting here on the blog where you might see for example, anything from a rogue jukebox to a wheelbarrow full of bricks. Please feel free to add your thoughts in the comments. If you want to be anonymous, that's fine. My only request is that we avoid names that are too sweet. Sweet has its place, but we're on a low-carb diet over here. Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. This is a open comment on your solicitation for a new name for Food For Thought.

    I don't have a suggestion. Sorry.

    I've been thinking long and hard but, they all bear no fruit, way too cliche, which it seems to me that you're looking to avoid.....I always had this problem when trying to come up with band names, but that's another conundrum.

    But I am concerned, dismayed, interested, and amazed by the folks that are going hungry in this nation. You have educated me to the fact that it's not always who I think it might be, if that makes any sense. More folks do need to know that.

    ReplyDelete